Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Witch Ornament and New Dolls






Good morning, and what a lovely morning it is here on the West Coast!  I've been up since the crack of dawn today, watering the garden and tending the flowers.  It seems that summer goes by in the blink of an eye and I'm already dreading the wet, cold months ahead!  So, as often as I can, I get up really early and enjoy as much of the sunshine as a possible!

I wanted to share two little projects I've been working on this week.  Above is one of my very first halloween ornaments made from paper clay.  As you can see, she's a witch and I have three more in various stages of halloweenism.

Below are body parts of some clay dolls I'm working on, two of which are custom orders for some lovely ladies in England.  They will be in the style of my first paperclay doll, Maya, but with different hair, eye and ribbon colours.  I will post more photo's as the progress comes along.






You can see two of the ornamental heads in the pictures, the one with the paler strawberry blond hair is the witch in the top pics.  The other head has since been painted and sealed and she'll be wearing high black collar, beaded with red glass beads and a witch hat.  The other two ornaments will remain a surprise for now.

Hope you all have a super fabulous weekend!