Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lilly and Madeleine

I'm having a super busy week trying to catch up with some custom orders that I've had for a while.  I had to mail order felt for doll bodies and yarn for hair and it seems that I've been waiting for them forever!  At least I got the felt, so I was able to cut out four dolls - two are made and I can cross them off my list.  Here are my two new Pixies - Lilly and Madeleine. 

 
Both are reserved and will be off to new homes very shortly.


Just a couple of work in progress shots.  They look so funny without hair!



















I've been having an urge to play with clay lately, so I started a little head on Sunday night.  It's still rough, but at least it's started.  I'm thinking of making it into a bust, but that could change as I see the personality come out.  As soon as I'm all caught up, I'm going to have a good clay day!!  Can't wait!!

Enjoy the remainder of the week:)

11 comments:

  1. your little clay person is looking pretty good already....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Veronica! I just can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your dollies look kinda cute without hair.....they look like little babies:) And your clay head looks great....I hope you will post again when she's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love love love madeliene, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think will come out a beautiful bust or doll! Good job!
    Ina

    ReplyDelete
  6. what sweeties!! I love Lilly and Madeleine, they are very pretty!! And your elephants are adorable too! I follow now to look for more darlings
    greetings
    Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there!! I have actually bought your evie the elf pattern, but I would love to know how you do the yarn hair if you wouldn't mind sharing... My daughter loves tinker bell and since funds are tight I'm trying to make her a little fairy using your pattern :) I'm just Havering a hard time figuring out how to attach the yarn like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so cute. I just started making dolls and am having so much fun. My only problem is the material. I can't seem to find any that when sewn don't burst at the seams, before stuffing. Do you have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so cute. I just started making dolls and am having so much fun. My only problem is the material. I can't seem to find any that when sewn don't burst at the seams, before stuffing. Do you have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!