Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Art Deco Inspired

There's just something so soothing and magical about working with clay...  My fingers have been moulding, shaping, pinching and smoothing - manipulating the clay and then, waiting for it to dry before the next layer can be added.  My newest creation is inspired by old beauty advertisments, vintage patterns and of course a little something strange and out of the ordinary.  She's still got a ways to go till she's done, but here's her progress so far..






I'm not sure what's in store for her, but I'm sure she'll tell me as we get to know each other better:)
















Awaiting her hair and stole.


Made a sweet little sleepy lamb named Lullaby this week.  She's off to a new home, but I have plans to make a little pig in a similar style as soon as I'm finished the art doll.


Oh and I must show you some pics of our newest baby - we picked her up on Friday night and she's just so adorable!!  Don't have a name for her yet, so she's been called Little Miss for now:)




Hope you all have a wonderful week! 
~Shelly
xo