Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Two Little Elephants

My hubby and I just celebrated out 17th wedding anniversary this week and our oldest son has graduated from high school!  Wow!!  Where did time go?  I am such a proud mommy and can only wish him the best for his future!  Our youngest son will be graduating next year and is a little upset that he won't be able to bug his brother at school anymore:)

So, between all the goings-on, I managed to finish three little projects I'd been working on.  These are two little mohair elephants I've made.


Trifle, on the left, is a custom order for someone special.  Buttercup is available in my shop.  Both are made from long pile mohair and vintage floral cotton.  Each wears a beaded felt flower in her hair and a lace collar to which I've attached a tiny silver charm.  I will be working to make the pattern for these elephants available within the next week or so.


Putting all the pieces together.

For those of you who are wondering, these are super easy to make and are mostly hand sewn, except for the body, which is machine sewn.  Finished elephants measure 5 inches tall, seated.  Once I've completed the pattern, I will be having another GIVEAWAY, so please check back if you're interested in putting your name in the draw!

That's us on our anniversary.  We celebrated it on the same day as my son's graduation, so it was doubly special!
















Jody in cap and gown.  Yay, he did it!!


















My little sweeties, Dylan on the left, Jody on the right.
















To all my friends in the US, happy Independence Day!!  To all my Canadian friends, hope you had a lovely Canada Day long weekend!  And to everyone else, have a wonderful week:)
Shelly
xo