Sunday, July 8, 2012

Our Trip to Galiano

Hi!  We've just returned from a romantic getaway on the beautiful island of Galiano, where we spent four glorious days at the Galiano Inn and Spa.

 The mural in the lobby of the inn, which is made up of individual tiles, each painted by numerous artists from around the world.

We treated ourselves to a blissfully relaxing couples massage in the garden house.

This is where we enjoyed a wood-fired pizza on the ocean front terrace of the inn.


Located just off the coast of British Columbia, Galiano is considered the 'gem' of the Gulf Islands and boasts a Mediterranean climate, spectacular views of the surrounding islands, and magnificent wild life:  orca whales, sea lions, cormorants, deer and otters.

View from The Bluffs, overlooking Active Pass.

An interesting carving I spotted on an old sail boat.

Enjoying the view from a sea cave we found at Montague Harbour.  So glad I brought a hat as it was a scorcher of a day!

Now that we're back home, I'm trying to think of a way for us to permanently move to this wonderful island, or one of the surrounding ones!  It's a dream for now, but one that I'm going to strive to make come true!
~Shelly xo


7 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful place! Glad to hear you had a nice time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an idyllic place to have a getaway to. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT POST:)
    Your blog is so wonderful and Im following...I hope you follow me also:)

    If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my new post:)

    Have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! How lovely!

    I'm so glad you had such a wonderful getaway.
    The pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelly,
    Oh wow I'm so moved by these beautiful photos, Galiano Island is absoloutely beautiful and I'm also wanting to live there!!! It looks so pure,and fresh!!!
    I'm glad you had a lovely break and I hope you can find a way to move to one of the Islands permenantly, I could really see you living there. I wish you all the luck in the world in making your dream a reality.
    hugs dear friend,
    vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, glad you all enjoyed the photos! We really needed that little break, though I could really have used a whole month, lol! The nicest part was listening to the sound of the waves lapping against the rocks below our balcony at night instead of the usual police/fire/ambulance sirens that are forever on the go here. Oh, and the smell of salty sea water, which always reminds me of spending wonderful summers at my gran's house when we lived in South Africa.
    PS I just know you'd love it there too Vicky! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly~so happy for you that you enjoyed your getaway so much! The pix look wonderful! I hope your dream comes true...we are nothing if we don't have dreams. The sea air is so nice, and listening to the lapping waves a delight. Welcome back to the jungle!!! LOL!

    Sandie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!