Sunday, September 30, 2012

Hola! I'm back from Mexico!

Hello everyone!  I've just spent the most wonderful week in Mexico with my two lovely sisters!  The weather was perfect; hot and mostly sunny during the days, with a few spectacular thunder and lightning shows in the evenings.  One afternoon, we experienced such a torrential downpour that within an hour, there must have been at least 9 inches of rain! 

Most of our days were spent swimming in the ocean or pools on the resort, lazing in the sun, eating, eating and eating some more!  We spent a morning horseback riding through the jungle, another one bargaining at a local flea market and yet another painting ceramics!  


That's me petting the horses!


As you can see, the beach is beautiful!


My two favourite sisters - Mandy on the left and Loren on the right!  We had such an awesome time together!!


I'm not sure what this sweet little creature was called, some type of badger, but what a cutie!  The guy who took us on our horseback adventure had rescued it when it was young.  Each of us got to have our pics taken with it sitting on our shoulders:)


The bowl I painted.  Still haven't taken a photo of how it turned out!


The view from our room. 


And another stunning shot of the sun set on the beach!  Sigh!  Wish I was still there, but I'm happy to be home as I missed my hubby and boys so much!! 

Adios Amigos!
~Shelly xo




10 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a glorious time! I'm glad you had a fabulous time with your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly, What a great holiday, with family. It sure looks as though you had the best time. I loved the badger?????? One thing worried me. You did not ride in thongs did you? For horse riders here in Australia it is a no no.
    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Shelly!! That little creature looks like a Kinkajou (???) He's cute, anyway. I think a badger would BITE!! LOL Love your pix-everything looks fun...glad you had such a wonderful time with your sisters. You are so lucky to have them. I miss mine very much. Can't wait to see what inspirations make up your next creations!!!!!
    Hugs!!!!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you had an amazing time! i am jealous! would love to visit mexico someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Shelly, many thanks for sending my patterns so quickly. I bet you had lots of other things to do on your return than send off my patterns last night. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks as though you had a great time - and the pictures are lovely. Loved the little rescue job, too! Lucky badger-type: looks as though he really landed on his paws! Welcome back: looking forward to seeing what you create as a result of this trip. Am sure there will be a Mexican flavour to the dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´m from Portugal and I´m in love with the dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your sisters will have such treasured memories! I can't wait to see the finished bowl:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a vacation, Shelly! Welcome home :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shelly,
    Wow what a wonderful holiday!! Your sisters look so lovely and it looks like you had an amazing time together. I love the adorable little creature on your shoulder, he is so cute :0)
    hugs ♥ Vicky ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!