Thursday, February 7, 2013

Free Paper Doll Download and the Mini Moppets

If you love paper dolls as much as I do, I have a little surprise for you! 
 Three colour-your-own, articulated paper dolls for you to download!  These girls print up quite big - in fact, they measure about 12 inches tall once assembled.  You'll need some heavier paper (card stock), mini brads and whatever you or your little ones like to colour in with.  I used a combination of coloured pencils, pan pastels and good old wax crayons to embellish mine, but you can get out your poster paints, water colours, felt markers, etc...
 As you can see, my table is covered with q-tips, sponges, coloured pencils and my newest favourite things - pan pastels - which are so nice to use!  One tip if you are working with pastels, cover the area you've already coloured with a clean piece of paper so that you don't smear your work.  Trust me, I know!  If you can find a pastel fixative, even better!  This allows you to work on an area, spray it with the fixative, allow to dry for a few moments and then move to the next area without worrying about smudges.  Pastels are so pretty, but the chalky dust can ruin a carefully coloured picture within seconds!
Here's a comparison shot of the size difference between my regular paper doll, on the right, and the new one, on the left.  
To download these dolls, please click each name:  Paperdoll Penelope, Paperdoll Prudence and Paperdoll Rowan.

Before I go, I just want to share three other dolls with you.  Most of you have seen them, but for those who haven't, here are the Mini Moppets.
These little dolls are teensy and measure about 5 inches tall.  I used a flat tooth pick to stuff their arms and legs!  Each wears a pretty little dress made from a light weight cotton, which ties above the shoulders, and their hair has been needle felted onto their heads.  The pattern for them is now available in my shop.

Please excuse the nudie pic, but here's a look at how tiny she is!
After her hair treatment:)
All dressed!
















I hope you have lots of fun colouring and assembling the paper dolls!  Oh, and one more thing, I've created a group page on flickr where you can share all your Gingermelon creations.  Please pop over and take a peek at all the wonderful photos and I'd love it if you could add your own:  http://www.flickr.com/groups/2124571@N25/

Have a happy week:)
~Shelly  xo


34 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly,
    Just want to say thank you for sharing your beautiful work. You are very talented. I hope one day after much practice my littlies will look just as beautiful as your little gems.

    Have a super weekend.

    Lizelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for sharing your gorgeous creations. I can't wait to try making these with my little girl when she is a little older. Your work is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ! What a wonderful present. I can't wait to color them. I may even share with my girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You - my daughters loved these paper dolls and me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the sweet paperdolls! I just got my Mini Moppets pattern and now off to get chores done so that I can play dolls all weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the sweet paperdolls! I just got my Mini Moppets pattern and now off to get chores done so that I can play dolls all weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Shelly! A perfect "Blizzard Weekend" Project! Thanks for sharing these lovelies.
    XOXO Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you Shelley!!! Love, Love your paper dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I only had two pieces of card stock left so printed out two copies of the first one and my little girls are off coloring now! This was generous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelly,
    Your dolls are so cute and stylish! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a grown up girl who loves paper dolls. I'll enjoy very much coloring these in and decorating my studio with them. Thanks so much for this fun freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are such a memory flashback. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shelly, your paper dolls are the sweetest Valentine I've ever received :-) Thank you so much!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I came from ...A Cloth Doll Maker's Diary... blog...the dolls you make are so cute! I loved those Moni Moppets! so sweet :) and their tiny dresses too:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! I love the Mini Moppets and I'm just enchanted by the paper dolls. Not least because my youngest daughter is called Rowan. I bet she'd like these! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Gingermelon, I love the sweet moppets and the paper dolls. I saw pic of a sweet girl with blue yarn hair and wondered how you got the yarn to look wavy.
    Connie Turner

    ReplyDelete
  17. They're beautiful!

    I was wondering if you had considered making boy paper dolls?

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so precious! I can't wait to print some out and play! Thank you SO much for sharing! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello sweet Shelly! I love your gorgeous paper dolls! Thank you so much for sharing them with us! You are so generous dear heart! I love how big they are! You drew and colored them in so beautifully! I love your little moppet dolls and can hardly wait to make them. I just got the pink hair you recommended. Thank you for sharing the link! It is so nice! I love all of your amazing creations! Have a beautiful rest of the week and weekend! Love you, Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the paper dolls! I can't wait to color them! :-) Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for this! We will do with my 5 year old daughter your dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for this! We will do with my 5 year old daughter your dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Shelly! Beautiful dolls. Thanks!!
    One small question, how do you connect the body pieces? what are those pins?

    ReplyDelete
  24. his work is fascinating, it is hard not to fall in love, that God continue to bless these hands!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Olá Shelly
    Sou do Brasil e fiquei apaixonada por suas bonecas...obrigada! elas são lindas!

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that Mini Moppets :) they are so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. those are some awesome paperdolls !!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing these adorable paper dolls. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Shelly, I downloaded your paper dolls a few months ago and also ordered your wonderful felt. I love it all! I want to ask you what would be the best way of stabilizing the paper dolls? I would like them to be as sturdy as possible. I am thinking maybe some chipboard for backing but how would I cut that? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  30. made 6 of these beauties for Christmas gifts for Our g-granddaughters they loved them very much. Thank you for sharing these with us. I had such fun making them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much for all your ideas ,i really enjoy making them .i was wondering if you had fun stuff for boys to like super hero paper dolls?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!