Thursday, April 11, 2013

New Plush Toys

Spring greetings dear friends!  I'm quite shocked at how time has flown since my last post!  This last month has been a bit of a stressful time for our family as our dear Nannykins has been in and out of hospital three times.  At 95, everyday things are getting harder for her and she's finding it difficult to manage on her own.  She's been living independently, though in the same apartment building as us, so we've been able to keep an eye on her.  But, her health is steadily going downhill due to congestive heart failure and renal problems and she requires a lot more care.  It's hard to see her struggling and my only hope is that she can be comfortable during this part of her journey. 

I've not had much time for making things due to our trips to visit her in hospital, but I've slowly been working on a new collection of plush toy patterns that I'm certain will be perfect for beginner sewers!  There are three animals - a bear, bunny and kitten, along with three different outfits - a romper for boys, a dress and a super hero cape, which I still need to design:)


I think the unfinished kitty in the middle is my fave so far and I can't wait to see how he turns out, especially wearing his little cape!

 One fun thing my hubby and I did last Sunday, was to visit the VanDusen Botanical Garden in Vancouver which was featuring a Japanese fair and cherry blossom festival.  As most of you know, I absolutely LOVE anything to do with Japanese culture, anime art and food, so this was a definite must see!  Thankfully, the rain held off long enough for our visit and we enjoyed the beautiful gardens, performing arts and delicious food!


This lovely geisha was handing out info on an up-coming Anime convention.  I may have to go just to see all the different costumes!


Oh, if only I were 20 years younger!  I'd be dressing up for sure!


Some of the many cherry trees in bloom.


Love the colour and artwork on this wooden canoe!


One of the many food tents offering tasty treats!  That's hubby surveying the menu boards on the right side of the photo.

We're hoping to take in many more local events throughout the spring and summer, so I'll keep you posted when we do:)

Take care and have a lovely weekend,
~Shelly  xo


14 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly , Sorry to hear that your Nanna is unwell, it is hard to watch them suffer and feel so helpless .
    On a brighter note love, love your newest creations so far .
    take care
    sharlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharlene! It has been very hard to see her getting older. I've been very close to her all my life and she has been like a second mom to my two boys as they've grown up.
      I'm so glad you like the newbies!!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Love the new pets perfect size I think, for my little granddaughter to love ,I do hope your Nanna is now on the road to recovery,too.Love the pictures of the Cherry Blossums as well so pretty, ahhh spring it will be here someday :)
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sasha! I'll keep my fingers crossed that spring comes soon where you are!
      xo

      Delete
  3. Your little toys are absolutely precious!
    Sorry your nanna's health isn't good.it must be very hard for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Judy! One good thing about her being in hospital is that we know she's in good hands and that the nursing staff is taking very good care of her. It's definitely been more of a worry each time she's been discharged, so I feel better now that she's back under their supervision.
      xo

      Delete
  4. Shelly, I do hope your dear Nan is comfortable. It is sad seeing some one you love ill.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to here you Nanna is ill. My thoughts are with you......
    Love your little dolls. They are so cute...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your Nana. It so hard when our loved ones are not well and in and out of the hospital. It is such an emotional roller coaster. Sending prayers your way!
    Love your new Creations. They are so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you Shelly and hoping your dear Nana is getting better.
    Beautiful new patterns...I can't wait to get my hands on them! I am slightly jealous Spring has spung where you are...soon it's going to be winter on this side of the world and I hate the cold haha
    Sarah Hawkins xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your well wishes and kind words, Kay, Linda, Debbie and Sarah! She seems to look more frail each time I visit her, but I know she's in the best place for now.

    Even though the flowers and trees are blooming, it's still a bit chilly here but the days are getting longer and it's nice to know that winter is finally over!
    ~Shelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, so cute plush toys, I also like so much, thanks for sharing. Cheap Plush Toys

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking for a great age appropriate Christmas gift idea for a seven-year-old girl or boy? Consider a unique toy or an educational toy as a Christmas gift idea. http://liztoys.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!