Tuesday, June 17, 2014

New Felt Colours!

It's almost been a month since my surgery and I'm happy to say that I'm finally feeling like myself again!  Due to a huge fibrous mass on my uterus that was rapidly growing right into my bladder, my gynecologist decided that it was best to do a hysterectomy along with a bladder repair.  My bladder was so squished from the fibroids taking up so much room that it could only hold 1/2 a cup of fluid at a time.  As you can imagine, I was constantly running to the bathroom and going out anywhere always meant hunting for the nearest washroom.  Because of the weight of the fibrous mass, a lot of stress was put on the neck of my bladder, so, once the uterus was removed, my bladder was tucked up into a sling to hold it in the proper position.

I cannot tell you how much of a difference the surgery has made!  I can now go for hours at a time without needing to go to the bathroom and the ever present feeling of discomfort is gone!  Although I had a few complications after my surgery, the benefits have been well worth it!

I am still taking it easy and my dearest hubby has been a wonderful nurse, cook and cleaner!  My dear mom has been such a help with getting orders ready for mailing and my two boys have been a blessing too!

Ok, now for the other good news!  As most of you know, I recently decided to discontinue a few of the not-so-popular colours in the Wool Blend Felt collection and replace them with some pretty new ones.  Well, they're finally here!  The 9 new colours are:  Linen, Butter, Georgia Peach, Lilac, Love Bug Blue, Aqua, Inkblot, Spearmint and Emerald.

Soon I will add another collection of felts, these will be similar to the Polka Dot felt, but will have hearts and stars instead.  Here's a sneak peek at a few of the lovely colours in the collection:
The new Wool Blend Felts are now available in my shop.  The Heart and Star collection will be available soon!

I just want to thank all of you who have sent me well wishes, thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!

~Shelly xo

13 comments:

  1. What beautiful colours :) I'm so glad to read you're feeling better :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Shelly, I am so glad you are starting to feel better. Hopefully you will be back to normal soon. Love your new felts.
    Hugs Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better! Love the new colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear you are on the mend and feeling much better!!! Your new felt colors are 'yummy'!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to hear from you! Although we have never met in person I have been thinking of you and I'm glad to hear you're well! I made a few of your cute little felt friends while you were away! Can't wait to get some new colors! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're feeling better...it sounds like quite an ordeal you had to go through! I
    have to tell you, my first car was a 1972 Super Beetle & it's color was exactly like your new color "Love Bug Blue" so the name fits it perfectly :)
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're feeling better...it sounds like quite an ordeal you had to go through! I
    have to tell you, my first car was a 1972 Super Beetle & it's color was exactly like your new color "Love Bug Blue" so the name fits it perfectly :)
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank God you're okay, I'm immensely happy that you may soon're 100% right, a big kiss from his Fan of Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you are feeling better Shelly! Amazing what a good surgical team can do. Love the new colors. I've been hand dyeing cotton lately to quilt with but have several of your little guys cut out and ready to sew. Perhaps I need to get back to some Ginger Melon magic. There is a zen thing that happens when I start sewing the critters. Love! Your creativity is inspiring. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are back and feeling well! Make sure you do take it easy still. Sounds like you went through quite a procedure. The new felt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're an amazing healer. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to hear you are doing better. It´s like the saying goes. "When you are healthy you have many wishes. When you are not, you only have one." Take care of yourself and do what makes you happy. Love the new felt colors. Hugs, Lina in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eu mpro no Brasil, li seu post e realmente desejo melhoras, gostei muito do seu blog, muito caprichado. Felicidades e Saúde

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!