Sunday, September 27, 2015

Chibi Angels and Mermaids

Hello there!  I'm very excited to share some photos of the little Chibi dolls I've been working on lately.  'Chibi' is an endearing Japanese term for extremely cute, baby-like characters with over-sized heads and tiny bodies.
 These tiny angels and mermaids measure just under 5 inches tall, which makes them the perfect size for little hands to hold or for turning into ornaments!
 The mermaids...
The angels.
I just love how dainty they are!! 
 I'm hoping to have the patterns for these little sweeties ready very soon!
 As most of you know, my new book - 'My Felt Doll' has recently been published and is now available for purchase on-line at Amazon, Kobo and Indigo.  I believe it is also due for release in stores at the end of October.  If you'd like to find out what people are saying about it, please pop over and visit Abby Glassenberg's blog to read her review on my book.  I just want to say a big Thank You to Abby for taking the time to share her thoughts about it! 
Here are a few photos I took of the dolls I made for the book..
The mermaids.
The princess.
And the Woodland Girl.  Take a boo inside her little basket and you'll see a teensy, weensy hedgehog peeking out!
These are just a few of the many themes that are included inside the book!

Have an awesome week!



22 comments:

  1. What beautiful dolls! I will be ordering your book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for your book Shelly! Congratulations so excited for you.
    Love your princess ❤ Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelly
    I haven't made any cloth or felt doll in a long while (amigurumi are easier for me) but caved in when I saw your book, I ordered a paper copy from Amazon and some felt and eyes from your shop. Your dolls are just too cute and there is no resisting them.
    Hélène

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too much adorableness! I think my felt and loads of sequins are calling me to create! What a lovely job you have done. A BIG congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the book! I have added it to my Christmas wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new dolls! They are so cute. <3 Your book looks amazing. I can't wait to buy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dobrý den, miluji vaše panenky, jsou nádherné.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your book is IN stores! I saw it at a quilt store in Oregon over the weekend! :-) (already ordered mine from Amazon!) I can't wait to make these dolls for my daughter and nieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there a way to buy the dolls since I do not sew?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Shelly,

    Congratulations on the book, and your little Chibi's are enchanting!

    Warmly,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thoses dolls are almost too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is stunning..these are just the "Cutest" ever !!
    Thanks for sharing :) Granddaughters will love these !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your book! Instructions are clear and accurate, photos are magical and the dolls are adorable!
    i think my granddaughter will love them as much as I do. i also subscribe to Abby's blog and was thrilled to read her review on your book. You are a very talented Canadian artist Shelly! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am addicted to your dollies! I can't wait to go get your new book! I have been wanting to learn something new and now I have so many choices. Can you tell us how you do the yarn hair or will the directions be in the book?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just ordered your new book! So excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. God Morning! i like your work I'd like to offer 2 gingermelon dolls 2 the photo 5 as what you want for them?

    ReplyDelete
  17. me gustan mucho las pequeñitas muñecas Preciosas

    ReplyDelete
  18. hello. i would like to know if the patterns of tiny angels and mermaids are also in your book. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bought your book and I have to say that I love, love, love it. The instructions are very easy to follow. I've only made one doll so far, but I love her. I was wondering if a pattern for the Chibi's are available. We send gifts to children around the world and they would be the perfect size for the boxes we are restricted to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!