Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A New Start...

Hi!  Happy Wednesday everyone!:)  I just wanted to share a bit of good news with you all.  I've been thinking about taking a little break from creating patterns for now and instead want to focus on making dolls to sell from time to time.  Over the last few years I've had many requests from people looking to purchase my ready-made dolls and because I've been so busy designing patterns and running my shop, I've not been able to offer them.
Well, I'm happy to say that that's about to change!  I'm hoping to be able to offer a small batch of dolls every couple of weeks or so, depending of course on how busy my shop is and whether I have other projects on the go.  Here are a few photos of three of the dolls I've been working on so far - they're not quite done yet, but I hope you like them! :)


 I've embroidered a glittery star on each of their cheeks - hence the name 'Starlet Dolls'.



Each doll will wear a cute pair of frilly knickers.
Aren't they sweet??  I might just have to design a pair for me too! :) lol!
I've already made a stash of dresses for the next batch of girls :)  Each dress is lined with a pretty petticoat.
My wonderful Mum has kindly agreed to knit each of them a little wrap cardigan which I think just adds the best touch!



























This sweet girl is wearing a feather boa collar while she waits for her cardigan.


They're quite tall, measuring a tad more than 17 inches in length.  These dolls are not suitable for very young children and should be handled gently or used as display dolls.

PLEASE NOTE:  To find out when the dolls will be ready for sale, please keep in touch by following my Instagram and Facebook Page.  I will post a release date and time a couple of days before listing the dolls in my Etsy shop.  I'm sorry, but to be fair to everyone, I cannot take reserves.  Also, I will not be offering custom dolls.  Each doll will be one-of-a-kind, completely unique and made from the highest quality materials. 

I'm so looking forward to making many more of these little beauties and I hope that you'll pop in to visit my social media pages often to see what else I'll been working on!

Have a lovely week!

24 comments:

  1. Everything you make is just adorable! I bought a pattern last Christmas, but have never gotten around to making the little girl dolls. I probably would be more likely to by them already made :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to purchase on of these sweet treasures. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. will miss your lovely designs but at the same time wish you great success in your new adventure with your Beauties

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting news! I had always wished you would make and sell dolls! Will we still be able to sell the patterns of dolls we buy from you or have bought from you? If not I understand I am so excited to see your dolls for sale. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are always welcome to make and sell items from my patterns, that will never change :) xo

      Delete
  6. This is so exciting and these dolls are so adorable! Love all of your work Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a fabulous idea!! and I look forward with great anticipation and hope that I'm able to get one of your readymade dolls. Love them!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Очень красивые куколки)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you success on your new endeavor but I hope you also keep making patterns! I love your patterns. This new doll is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a nice change for you and the chance for people to have a handmade doll by the artist!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck on your new adventures. I know they will sell like hot cakes. How sweet of your mom to knit them cardigans. Talk about tideous work, just like your cute dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are adorable. All the best on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best of luck in your new direction! Your Starlet dolls are just as dreamy and sweet as all your work. Many people will be overjoyed to own a doll made with your hands :-)

    warmly,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are wonderful! Glad you are going to be making dolls again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are sweet young things !!! Well done Shelly you are so very clever and it would be wonderful to own one of your girls!! I will be watching out for them looking for a home ��
    Hugs to you
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much everyone! I'm looking forward to making them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These dolls are just so darn cute!! I love them!

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love your little dolls! They are so precious and the detailing is just exquisite. I have purchased some of your patterns and can't wait to get started on them.
    Kim Parga
    kct3458@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in love! I am in love with all your babies! This Sparkle Starlet is so beautiful, yes, beautiful, that I would keep her as my own because she would be loved too, too much by my granddaughter. Such beautiful faces, hair, slim bodies and petite feet. You have a very beautiful creative mind and I would love to win her. Thank you for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  21. She's beautiful! I adore your work and have bought your 'My Felt Doll' book and two other patterns from your website, but there's so much more I'd like to get! I have made one felt doll and she's as cute as a button. I was making her for my granddaughter, but I think I may have to keep her for myself and make another one for her - lol! My mind is often preoccupied with the next thing I want to make!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!